December Junior High Student of the Month: Trayden Tait

Back to Article
Back to Article

Eighth grader Trayden Tait has been selected as the Junior High Student of the Month for December.

Ketochi photo by Sallie Orem

Ketochi photo by Sallie Orem

Ketochi photo by Sallie Orem

Sallie Orem, Staff Writer

Congratulations to December’s Junior High Student of the Month, eighth-grader Trayden Tait!

Trayden was born in Great Falls on September 23, 2004, to Ashley and Lara Tait.  Ashley teaches English and Ketochi here in Cascade, and Lara is the assistant director of the Great Falls International Airport Authority.  Trayden is the oldest of five boys in his house.  Younger brothers Trennen (6th grade), Tallen (4th), and Tyrenn (2nd) all attend Cascade Schools, and his youngest brother, Taxten, is only three years old and still in daycare.

Trayden’s favorite food is ham and broccoli quiche, and he doesn’t have a favorite movie. His favorite professional sports team is the Los Angeles Lakers (as if he has a choice).  In his spare time, Trayden enjoys working on basketball or playing Fortnite.

In school, Trayden participates in football, basketball, and track, and his favorite subject is English because he loves to read and, in his own words, “My dad is the teacher, so, yeah.”  After he graduates from high school, Trayden wants to attend college to become an oral surgeon and possibly play professional basketball. 

Trayden’s social studies teacher, John Wright, and his science teacher, Kelly Rumney, nominated him for this award.

“He is hard-working, he gives his best in class, and is consistent with his work,” said Wright.

“He is such a reliable young man,” added Rumney.  “He always completes his work on time and will take initiative to get it not only completed but completed well. He is also friendly to those around him, and he is very good about visiting with new students. Overall, Trayden exhibits the behaviors that make a good Cascade Badger!”

Congratulations, Trayden!