Badger Wrestlers Hold Final Home Match, Place at Columbus

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sophomore Dylan Kline (foreground) tries to escape an opponent's grasp at the Badger Invitational in December.

Ketochi photo by Carter Casavant

Ketochi photo by Carter Casavant

Ketochi photo by Carter Casavant

Brodie Ober, Staff Writer

Nearing the end of Cascade’s Christmas break, the Cascade Badgers wrestling team competed in two tournaments, the Cascade Mixer on Thursday, January 3 and the Columbus Invitational on January 4 and 5.

Overall, the team is seeing huge improvements, and they are starting to win more matches.

During the two tournaments, Kyle Evans finished with a record of 6-1, Eli Schreher was 5-1,  Caden Crowell was 6-2, Lily Grismer was 2-2, and Nate Wadlow was 3-3.

At the Columbus Invitational, the Badgers placed seven wrestlers: Evans, Schreher, and Crowell each placed third. Also, Wadlow and Grismer both took fifth place, Cameron Myre placed sixth, and Skye Smith placed eighth.

“We are seeing a huge improvement in all of the wrestlers,” said head coach Neal Coon.  “They may not win every match, but their effort and technique have improved by huge amounts.”

The Badgers head to Fairfield for a mixer on Thursday and then to Choteau for the Choteau Invitational on Friday and Saturday.