Elementary Students Share Christmas Joy at Concert

Back to Article
Back to Article

The entire elementary joined together to sing 'Have a Happy, Happy Holiday' at the end of their recent Christmas program.

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait

Rocky Day, Staff Writer

The Elementary Christmas Program was held on December 13 starring the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and the 6th graders. The program was directed by Mr. Jeff Skogley, the music director here at Cascade Public School.

“The Elementary Christmas Program and Concert went very well,” said Mr. Skogley. “The audience really enjoyed it a lot.”

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait
First graders perform at the recent elementary Christmas program.

The teachers of these classes also assisted in making it a reality.  They are Sharon Stevens in kindergarten, Becca Cooper in first grade, Sarah Pederson in second grade, Rachel Schaefer in third grade, Amanda Tharp in fourth grade, Alissa Johnson in fifth grade, and Elizabeth Allen in sixth.

The 5th-grade band performed Rolling Along, Go Tell Aunt Rhody, Listen to Our Sections, Lightly Row, and Jingle Bells. The 6th-grade band Up on the Housetop, Trombone Rag, The Cold Wind, Jolly Old St. Nicholas, and Deck The Hall.

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait
Second graders perform at the recent elementary Christmas program.

After the bands played, it was time for the singing.

The kindergarteners sang I Want To Be An Elf and Gingerbread Cookies, followed by the first graders who sang Decorate the Tree and Sounds of Santa’s Workshop. The second graders hit the stage to perform Santa Clause is Coming To Town and Christmas Card, while the third graders belted A Silly Holiday Song and Warm and Fuzzy Time of Year.

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait
Third graders perform at the recent elementary Christmas program.

The fourth graders sang Blitzen’s Boogie and Ding Dong Merrily on High, and the fifth graders followed with North Pole, North Pole and Winter’s Night. Last, but not least, the sixth grade sang Peaceful Night and I Feel Like Fa La La La La.

Several sixth graders served as narrators throughout the program and added comic relief between performances.

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait
Fourth graders perform at the recent elementary Christmas program.

As a finale, the entire elementary sang Have A Happy, Happy Holiday.

“I am very proud of all our little musicians who performed Thursday night,” said Skogley.

After the program, there was a pie social and a visit from Santa Claus himself.

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait
Fifth graders perform at the elementary Christmas program.

Skogley wanted to express a big thank you to everyone who helped set up the concert and serve the pie.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and be on the lookout for MIOSM (Music In Our School Month).

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait
Sixth graders perform at the elementary Christmas program.