Junior High and High School Music Programs Present Christmas Concert

The junior high and high school music students presented a Christmas Concert on Tuesday, December 11, 2018.

To start off, the Star Spangled Banner was played by the tuba group. When that was over, band and choir director Jeff Skogley directed the high school choir singing Sing We Now of Christmas, December Child, and Do You Hear What I Hear?. After the choir sang, the junior high band played Good King Wenceslas, S’Vivion, O Come All Ye Faithful, and The Name’s Clause, Santa Claus. After the band, the junior high choir sang A Holly Jolly Holiday and Joy to the World. To finish it all off, the concert band played Angels We Have Heard on High, Jeannette, Isabella, and Sleigh Ride.

The concert band consisted of one clarinet, four trumpets, two percussionists, and one saxophone. Playing the clarinet was Jean Blackman. Playing the trumpet were Daniel Benefiet, Leroy Martin, Gabe Waters, and Oliver Wood. Playing the percussion were Jacob Phillips and Austin Wenzel. The one saxophone was being played by Josiah Mazaira.

The concert choir included soprano Mattison McKamey, alto Madeleine Montanye, and baritones Daniel Benefiet, Leroy Martin, and Oliver Wood.

The junior high band featured flutists Sydney Gutierrez, Wyatt Seely, and Kaydence Waters. On the clarinet were Sara Gottlob, Hailey Keeling, and Kayla Satterwhite. Trumpet players were Jeramiah Crevling, Chase LeVeque, Daniel Mahana, and Kayleen McKamey. Playing the alto saxophone was Karissa Riphenburg. The French horn was played by Atley Baldwin, and the contra-alto clarinet was played by Sam Mazaira. Brent Ethridge, Nathan Gatch, and Jacob Marko played percussion.

The junior high choir consists of Atley Baldwin, Alaina Barger, Preslee Carroll, Colby Crowell, Ricky Day, Rocky Day, Brenna Dezaiffe, Sara Gottlob, Caitlyn Hickam, Harlie Jackson, James Lewis, Kodiann Lynn, Zoe Mazaira, Brodie Ober, Kayler Olsen, Carter Otheim, Wyatt Seely, and Trayden Tait.