Elementary Teacher Feature: Sharon Stevens

Back to Article
Back to Article

Everybody's favorite kindergarten teacher, Sharon Stevens, is the subject of this month's Elementary Teacher Feature.

Ketochi photo by Zoe Mazaira

Ketochi photo by Zoe Mazaira

Ketochi photo by Zoe Mazaira

Zoe Mazaira, Staff Writer

Sharon Stevens is the Cascade kindergarten teacher. She has been a huge help to the young children at our school and a well-loved member of our faculty for many years, but her story did not begin in Cascade.

Mrs. Stevens grew up in Plentywood, Montana and she was known as Sharon Goodman. She lived most of her childhood on her ranch with her family but then spent part of it in Helena. After going through school and college, she began teaching 1st grade and kindergarten in 1976.  She has stuck to 1st and kindergarten for her entire teaching career. Each new class she always enjoys and is sad to see them go. Teaching, however, is not her only joy in life.

Mrs. Stevens married Lester Stevens in 1979 and has three boys, Zach, Tyrel, and Seth. Now her kids are all grown up and they are working with Seth and Zack becoming patrols and engineers, and Ty runs his own construction company. Even though all of her kids are fully grown, she still lives on her ranch and helps with the ranch in the summers. When she has her free time she prefers “to do fun projects with her friends.”

Mrs. Stevens is a beloved mentor to all of us and the students she has taught and will teach. We thank her for the constant inspiration she has given and will continue to give to her students.