The Ketochi

‘Creed II’ Is a Winner

Back to Article
Back to Article

‘Creed II’ Is a Winner

(left) Corey Calliet as Creed Cornerman and (ctr) Michael B. Jordan stars as Adonis Creed 
in CREED II, a Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures film.
Credit: Barry Wetcher / Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures / Warner Bros. Pictures
© 2018 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc. and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

(left) Corey Calliet as Creed Cornerman and (ctr) Michael B. Jordan stars as Adonis Creed in CREED II, a Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures film. Credit: Barry Wetcher / Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures / Warner Bros. Pictures © 2018 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc. and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Barry Wetcher

Barry Wetcher

Barry Wetcher

Chase Leveque, Staff Writer

If you are looking for a movie to see over the weekend, there are a couple out right now.

Don’t choose the wrong movie though. If you are going to choose a movie, choose Creed II.

Creed II is the eighth movie in the saga of Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) and the second of the series to feature Adonis Creed (Michael B. Jordan), the son of Rocky’s nemesis-turned-best-friend, Apollo Creed.

The events of 1985’s Rocky IV come back into play in this film.  In that film, Russian champion Ivan Drago (Dolph Lundgren) actually kills Apollo in an exhibition bout.  Seeking revenge for the death of his friend, Rocky faces Drago in the ring and defeats the much bigger, stronger opponent.

In Creed II, Drago’s son Victor comes to America to challenge Adonis, who since 2015’s Creed, has become the heavyweight champion.  The conflict between Rocky and Ivan is still present as the next generation seeks to do battle and Adonis tries to settle an old score.

Life has become a balancing act for Adonis Creed. With personal problems and training for the fight, Adonis has a lot of weight on his shoulders. Trying to fight an opponent who’s father killed his is hard without doing so through complete anger. Thankfully for Adonis, he has Rocky Balboa by his side most of the time. Creed II teaches a heartwarming lesson that some things are more important than others. Adonis will soon figure out that his family is more important than anything.

Creed II is the best movie out by far right now.