President Trump and Garth Brooks Highlight National FFA Experience

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cascade FFA members (l-r) Christina Eike, Taylor Brown, Riley Bricker, and Caybree Ludvigson recently attended the National FFA Convention and Expo in Indianapolis.

Photo courtesy of Eric Tilleman

Photo courtesy of Eric Tilleman

Photo courtesy of Eric Tilleman

Carter Casavant, Staff Writer

If there is one thing that our community can be proud of, it is Cascade High School’s FFA chapter.

Recently, five members of the chapter traveled to Indianapolis, Indiana for the National FFA Convention.

Four members from Cascade placed Gold, Silver, and Bronze. In the Sales and Service competitions, Taylor Brown and Caybree Ludvigson earned bronzes individually, Riley Bricker earned a silver, and 2018 graduate Christina Eike earned a gold individually.  As a team, Cascade earned a bronze.

“The sales team did an awesome job this year,” said long-time FFA adviser Eric Tilleman.  “They represented their school and community well.”

While they were in Indianapolis, they were able to attend a private Garth Brooks concert for the FFA members and advisers.  They also toured a couple of museums, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and Lincoln Technical College.  President Donald Trump even presented a speech especially for the FFA convention. They also went to the Indianapolis Speedway. The FFA Convention welcomed 70,000 guests in all.

Ryan Bogden was visiting Indiana with the rest of the group to experience what it was like to be in Nationals.

“My favorite part was listening to President Donald Trump’s speech,” he said, “The most important part of the whole thing was the theme of the convention: Just One Action Can Make a Big Difference.”

Overall, Bogden loved all of it and said, “It was a blast.”

At the same time, the National FFA Agricultural Sales Career Development Event announced their winners at the annual awards banquet. This is an event where students apply real-life situations with classroom knowledge. The top three placing teams are from Illinois, Florida, and Minnesota.

Again we are proud of our FFA members team and hope that they keep it up in the future.