The Ketochi

Where Are They Now?: Teacher Edition

Former Cascade Teachers Chuck and Sarah Cloud

Custom graphic by Wyatt Seely

Custom graphic by Wyatt Seely

Brodie Ober, Staff Writer

Cascade has seen its share of husband-wife teaching duos, and one of the most special was Chuck and Sarah Cloud.

After eight years in the Cascade district, the Clouds moved to Lewistown in 2013 and have lived there for six years.  Sarah has been teaching second grade for those six years, and Chuck was teaching 6th grade until this current year when he took a position as a librarian/media arts specialist for grades 5-8.

Their oldest son Landon is 10 (almost 11) and in the fifth grade. Their youngest son, Logan, is nine and currently in 3rd grade.  Even though the boys love to play many sports, their favorite one is soccer.

Courtesy photo
Chuck and Sarah Cloud, pictured here with their two sons (l-r), Landon (10) and Logan (9), taught in Cascade for several years. They now reside in Lewistown where they both work for the Lewistown school district.

“I loved the feel of the small community and all of the support that came with it,” said Sarah when asked for her best memories of Cascade.  “I still have the picture of all of my sixth graders at my wedding.”

There was also a lot of support for her and her husband when Chuck was deployed in Iraq.  After Landon was born, her sixth-grade class all made her a baby advice book to help her with the challenge of raising a child”

The Clouds loved their relationships with the kids and their families and the feeling of a small community. One of Mrs. Cloud’s favorite holidays was Holloween because all of the kids would come to trick or treat at her house. Another moment was when she and Chuck had hired some junior high boys to do some work, but the kids did more play than work.

“I am very thankful for Facebook because, without it, I would not be able to keep up with all of my friends and family in Cascade,” said Sarah.

She continued, “I think one of the best things, though, about our time there is when students recognize us out somewhere and they greet us with hugs and excitement. It’s an honor to receive high school announcements, wedding invitations, and baby shower invitations.”

Both Chuck and Sarah say that they enjoy seeing their former students grow up and join the military, go to college, travel the world, and become kind, thoughtful people.

“We fondly remember our time in Cascade and the relationships we will have for a lifetime,” said Sarah.

About the Writer
Brodie Ober, Staff Writer

Brodie Ober, a Montana State Bobcat football fan, is a new addition to the mostly young 2018-19 Ketochi staff. Brodie was born on February 18, 2005 to...

1 Comment

One Response to “Where Are They Now?: Teacher Edition”

1. Vicki on October 15th, 2018 8:24 PM

Great article, Brodie, nicely done!! Chuck and Sarah are awesome and so are you!!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Where Are They Now?: Teacher Edition

Features

Junior High October Student of the Month: Jazmyn Halvorson

• Where Are They Now?: Teacher Edition

Features

7-12 Badger of the Week: Dylan Kline

• Where Are They Now?: Teacher Edition

Features

K-6 Badger of the Week: Reed Von Stein

• Where Are They Now?: Teacher Edition

Features

7-12 Badger of the Week: Ricky Day

• Where Are They Now?: Teacher Edition

Features

K-6 Badger of the Week: Tyler Lane

• Where Are They Now?: Teacher Edition

Features

Halloween Safety Tips

• Where Are They Now?: Teacher Edition

Features

7-12 Badger of the Week: River Hanson

• Where Are They Now?: Teacher Edition

Features

K-6 Badger of the Week: Sage Sewak

• Where Are They Now?: Teacher Edition

Features

Elementary Crystal Ball

• Where Are They Now?: Teacher Edition

Features

K-6 Badger of the Week: Taerin Johnson

The student news site of Cascade High School
Where Are They Now?: Teacher Edition