The Ketochi

Faith Club Participates in See You at the Pole and Bring Your Bible to School Day

Faith Club member Rocky Day shows off his 2018 Life Book.  Faith Club members handed out the Life Books during Bring Your Bible to School Day last week.

Faith Club member Rocky Day shows off his 2018 Life Book. Faith Club members handed out the Life Books during Bring Your Bible to School Day last week.

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait

Rocky Day, Staff Writer

Cascade School’s Faith Club recently organized and participated in two major events: See You at the Pole and Bring Your Bible to School Day.

See You at the Pole took place on Wednesday, September 26.  This is a worldwide event, now over 25 years in existence, scheduled for the last Wednesday of every September.  Teachers, students, and other community members gather around the school’s flagpole to read some scriptures from the Holy Bible, sing hymns and other Christian songs, and break up into small groups to pray about any problems people in the group are having.  Finally, participants come back together around the pole and pray as one.

Bring Your Bible to School Day happened on October 4 and is also a worldwide event that happens every year.  Faith Club members hope that students who didn’t bring their Bibles this year will do so next year.

“Whoever needs a Life Book is to go see the Faith Club members for one,” said Faith Club adviser Ray Castellanos.

A Life Book is a little book that contains a book of the Bible. This year, the Life Book contained the Gospel of Mark.

About the Writer
Rocky Day, Staff Writer

Rocky Day is an eighth-grade student who loves scalloped potatoes. He was born on March 23, 2005, and his mother is Amanda Day.

He loves to play football....

1 Comment

One Response to “Faith Club Participates in See You at the Pole and Bring Your Bible to School Day”

1. Ray Castellanos on October 11th, 2018 10:02 AM

Good article, Rock!! Glad you’re on the Ketochi staff!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Faith Club Participates in See You at the Pole and Bring Your Bible to School Day

Activities

JMG Students Attend LEAD Conference in Helena

Activities

President Trump and Garth Brooks Highlight National FFA Experience

Activities

Red Ribbon Week Highlights Anti-Drug Message

Activities

JH Lady Badgers Upend Highwood

Activities

FFA Attends District Leadership School and Ruby Valley Invitational

Activities

Eight BPA Members Attend Cotton’s Final National Leadership Conference

Activities

Cascade FFA Celebrates Year’s Achievements at Annual Banquet and Pie Auction

Activities

Cascade Participates in Regional and State Science Fairs

Activities

Cascade High School Rodeo Association Fundraiser Held

Activities

Cascade’s National Honor Society Chapter Welcomes New Inductees

The student news site of Cascade High School