Faith Club Participates in See You at the Pole and Bring Your Bible to School Day

Back to Article
Back to Article

Faith Club member Rocky Day shows off his 2018 Life Book.  Faith Club members handed out the Life Books during Bring Your Bible to School Day last week.

Faith Club member Rocky Day shows off his 2018 Life Book. Faith Club members handed out the Life Books during Bring Your Bible to School Day last week.

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait

Rocky Day, Staff Writer

Cascade School’s Faith Club recently organized and participated in two major events: See You at the Pole and Bring Your Bible to School Day.

See You at the Pole took place on Wednesday, September 26.  This is a worldwide event, now over 25 years in existence, scheduled for the last Wednesday of every September.  Teachers, students, and other community members gather around the school’s flagpole to read some scriptures from the Holy Bible, sing hymns and other Christian songs, and break up into small groups to pray about any problems people in the group are having.  Finally, participants come back together around the pole and pray as one.

Bring Your Bible to School Day happened on October 4 and is also a worldwide event that happens every year.  Faith Club members hope that students who didn’t bring their Bibles this year will do so next year.

“Whoever needs a Life Book is to go see the Faith Club members for one,” said Faith Club adviser Ray Castellanos.

A Life Book is a little book that contains a book of the Bible. This year, the Life Book contained the Gospel of Mark.