FFA Attends District Leadership School and Ruby Valley Invitational

Back to Article
Back to Article

Several Cascade FFA students take notes at their recent competition at the Ruby Valley Invitational.

Photo courtesy of Eric Tilleman

Photo courtesy of Eric Tilleman

Photo courtesy of Eric Tilleman

Carter Casavant, Staff Writer

The Cascade FFA traveled to Fairfield for the District Leadership School (DLS) on Thursday, September 20 so the FFA officers could be trained to be better officers. They went to workshops provided by the FFA.

The Cascade FFA also participated in the Ruby Valley Invitational (RVI) in Sheridan, Montana recently for Livestock Judging and for Range. Senior Livestock Judging placed 12th with an overall score of 1786.  The team consisted of Eli Schreher, Jessy Barger, Carynn Fredrickson, and Elise Crago.  The Junior Livestock Judging team placed fourth with an overall score of 1838.  The team consisted of Gracie Orem, Preston Hastings, Taeden Sanford, and Nate Wadlow. Gracie’s personal rank was third place and Preston’s was 17th.  RVI also held a range competition, and Jean Blackman and Kaitlynn Lummer were the only participants from Cascade.  They placed sixth with an overall score of 172.86. Jean’s individual rank was second and Kaitlynn’s was 23rd. Overall, Cascade did a great job at the RVI this year and hopefully, they can keep doing well. Our officers should be better than they were before thanks to the DLS.

‘I am so excited for this year in FFA with the addition of students to the program and our potential to succeed in many contests this year,” said longtime adviser Eric Tilleman.

Up next for our FFA members is the 91st Annual FFA Convention in Indianapolis.  The event will take place from October 24 to October 27.