Cascade High School Rodeo Association Fundraiser Held

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Cascade High School Rodeo Association held its annual fundraiser on April 7.

Courtesy image

Courtesy image

Courtesy image

Kelli Ober, Staff Writer

On Saturday, April 7, the Cascade High School Rodeo Association (CHSRA) held its annual fundraiser right here in Cascade at Wedsworth Hall. The night kicked off at 7 p.m. and included music, food, drinks, a silent auction, a bachelor and bachelorette action, and a $1,000 cash drawing. Friends and family of all ages were invited to join in on the fun.

The annual fundraiser was started by the CHSRA when local rodeo competitors qualified for the Montana High School Rodeo Association state finals. The fundraiser was put on in support of these members as they traveled to compete at the state event. Since then, the fundraiser has grown and now helps CHSRA pay members’ entry fees, half the cost of clinics, and offer a scholarship to graduating seniors. This is a huge help to all of the participating members, as the sport of rodeo is very expensive.

Besides the Cascade High School Rodeo, which is hosted at the Chestnut Valley Equine center in April, this fundraising event is the only source of income for the association. Businesses and individuals within the community are always pitching in to make sure that the event is successful. CHSRA is very thankful for all who donated items for the auction and attended the event!