Cascade’s National Honor Society Chapter Welcomes New Inductees

Back to Article
Back to Article

The senior members of the National Honor Society pose with key note speaker and teacher Ms. Linda Cotton.

Photo courtesy of Shelley Oliver

Photo courtesy of Shelley Oliver

Photo courtesy of Shelley Oliver

Cassy LaFromboise, Staff Editor

On Thursday, March 22, the Cascade National Honor Society welcomed seven new members into their elite chapter. The chapter adviser, Mr. Mercer led the ceremony starting at 6:30 p.m. in the school’s commons area. The chapter president, Cassy LaFromboise, introduced the key note speaker, Ms. Linda Cotton.

Ms. Cotton gave an inspiring speech where she spoke highly of all old and new members. Current members that held the torch ceremony afterward Ms. Cotton spoke was Cassy LaFromboise, Brooke Hanson, Kelsey Lappier, Jean Blackman, Molly McRorie, Kelli Ober, Zachary Douglas, and Payten Zenahlik.

The members spoke about the four pillars of the National Honor Society, which are leadership, scholarship, service, and character. After each pillar’s background was explained to the attending audience, a candle was lit to represent it. The last candle that was lit in the ceremony represented the new inductees “torch” being ignited, symbolizing that they are now responsible to uphold the National Honor Society’s expectations.

After the torch ceremony concluded, chapter secretary Zach Douglas announced the names of the new members and Mr. Mercer presented them with their acceptance letter and Honor Society pin. Members inducted were Trent Cox, Kaicey Oliver, Kara Lorance, Riley Bricker, Taylor Brown, Seth Gutierrez, and Elise Crago.

The ceremony was adjourned and then family and friends gathered for photos and refreshments to congratulate the new inductees.

Congratulations to the students that were inducted, keep up the great work!