January High School Student of the Month: Molly McRorie

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Molly McRorie is the February High School Student of the Month.

Courtesy photo

Courtesy photo

Courtesy photo

Brooke Hanson, Staff Writer

Senior Molly McRorie has been selected as the January High School Student of the Month. She is the daughter of Tracy Taft and stepdad David Taft and has one older sibling, Taylor Boylan. Taylor is a 2011 graduate of Cascade.

On February 19, 2000, Molly was born in Henderson, Nevada, a town that is just twenty minutes from the city of Las Vegas.

Molly enjoys eating a big bowl of macaroni and cheese while watching her favorite Disney movie, The Princess and the Frog. She loves Disney movies so much, specifically princess movies, that she even classifies herself as a Disney princess. Molly’s favorite class is art because she loves to draw her favorite animal, which is a cow.

In her spare time, Molly can be found participating in horse and pig shows all across Montana. She has been involved in these events for five years now and says that the ranch horse competition is her favorite because she loves sorting and roping cows. In addition, Molly has won over 10 Grand Champion awards, which is the highest level of achievement.

A few of Molly’s greatest accomplishments include becoming a member of National Honor Society and being voted the FFA Parliamentarian for the Cascade chapter.

After high school, Molly plans on attending college at Montana State University to pursue a career as an elementary teacher. After that, Molly would love to teach abroad.

A fun fact about Molly is that, as a child, she would cry so hard that her lips would turn blue, and she would pass out.

Counselor Becky Satterwhite nominated Molly because “She has been going above and beyond by tutoring a student after school, working as an aide in both kindergarten and third grade to assist students and teachers. She is also working incredibly hard on scholarships and has taken on a huge leadership role with regard to the JMG program.”

Congratulations, Molly! Keep up the good work!