The Ketochi

Everything’s Coming Up Homecoming

Back to Article
Back to Article

Everything’s Coming Up Homecoming

www.westouachitahigh.opsb.net

www.westouachitahigh.opsb.net

www.westouachitahigh.opsb.net

Quincy Balius, Student Editor

It’s that time of year again — homecoming is coming up fast! This year, homecoming is Monday, September 13 through Friday, September 23. This year will have a retro feel since the theme is Decades from the ’20s to the ’80s.

The freshmen theme is the ’60s, the sophomores have the ’80s, the juniors are doing the ’50s, and the seniors have the ’70s as their decade. The competition begins now to see who can represent their decade the best.

You’ll be seeing double on Monday as homecoming kicks off with Twin Day. It’s the beginning of hall decoration, too, so make sure to bring in your period-appropriate decorations to make your hallway amazing.  Second period will be allowed for students to decorate.

On Tuesday, it’s a step up with Professional Dress Day. Come to school in your best business clothes and get to work, because halls have to be finished by 5:30 PM on Tuesday night.  Fifth period will be given to finish up halls.

Dress as Your Favorite Teacher Day is on Wednesday, but make sure that whoever you choose to copy is okay with your outfit. We want to honor our favorite teachers, not make them feel awful about their fashion choices. Wednesday marks the beginning of float decoration. Fourth period will be allowed for float decoration. Get your hall decorations and bring in anything else you need to start working.

On Thursday, Black and Gold is the theme. Wear your best Badger pride clothes and accessories and get ready to lip dub with the Media Productions class for your grade and sport. Third hour will be allowed for float decoration. Floats need to be finished by 5:30 PM on Thursday night so that they can be judged that night.

Friday is the day we will have all been waiting for. It’s Dress Your Decade Day, so you have plenty of time to put together the perfect outfit. In addition, voting for royalty will happen on Friday at lunch, so make sure to get your vote in.

The pep rally starts at the beginning of sixth period, and all high school and junior high students will assemble in the gym. Media Production will show a video, and the coaches for cross country, volleyball, and football will introduce their athletes. Then MBI will lead cheers, games, and competitions.

Finally at 2 PM, the elementary and junior high will be dismissed to head downtown for the parade. The high school will board floats and lead the parade through Cascade at 2:30. K-6 will go back to school to finish out the day, but junior high and high school are officially dismissed after the parade so that they can watch the volleyball game against Belt starting at 4.

On Saturday, the football team plays at 1 PM against Hays-Lodgepole. Be there to support your Badgers! The cross country team runs at three o’clock in Missoula.

Enjoy homecoming week! It’s sure to be eight decades’ worth of fun.