Ketochi photo by Jacob Marko

Cascade math teacher Estelle Whitman is leaving Cascade after 13 years.

Estelle Whitman

Estelle Whitman has been a teacher here at Cascade since 2006. She has taught hundreds of students in her time here and has left a lasting legacy.

Whitman graduated from high school in 1980 at Beaverhead County High School in Dillon. She attended Montana State University for one year after that but stopped full-time college to raise her children. During that time, she continued to take college classes intermittently.

When her kids were in high school, she returned to college full-time to pursue degrees in science and education. Eventually, she graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education with dual
majors: mathematics and English.

Whitman began her teaching right here in Cascade when she was hired to replace Jim Skovron in 2006, and she’s been here ever since. In her time here she has taught Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Algebra II, Financial Algebra, Geometry, Integrated Algebra, Geometry, 8th Grade English, Greenhouse, and JMG.

In her own words, Whitman stated that her favorite memory here is “the JMG classes in 2017 and 2018 traveling to the JMG LEAD Conference singing in the van, windows down, maximum volume Take Me Home, Country Roads. We rock!

“Cascade has been a great school to begin my teaching career,” she continued.  “I have enjoyed teaching
the students of Cascade and surrounding areas and have learned so much from them.”

Whitman’s plan going forward is to stay in the field of education, preferably in Montana. If the staying-in-Montana thing doesn’t work out, Whitman said she is looking at a few different teaching jobs overseas in England.

Good luck in all of your future endeavors, Ms. Whitman!  You will be missed.

The Ketochi • Copyright 2020 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in