Ketochi photo by Jacob Marko

Nancy McGonigal will continue her teaching career at Holy Spirit in Great Falls.

Nancy McGonigal

“Saying goodbye doesn’t mean anything. It is the time we spent together that matters, not how we left it.” -Trey Parker

Nancy McGonigal is leaving Cascade after 12 years. She has been a wonderful teacher.

McGonigal began working here in 2007. During her time here, she has taught 7th and 8th grade English, English I, II, III, and IV, Yearbook, Media Productions, and Ketochi.

Prior to working in Cascade, McGonigal had taught in Minnesota for six years. She was hired by former Cascade superintendent June Sprout, who was McGonigal’s junior high English teacher in Plains, Montana.

One of the things McGonigal has really enjoyed is working with the students.

“Some have made me laugh, some have challenged me to tears, some have even made me angry,” said McGonigal, “but through it all, every one of them now occupies a special place in my heart.”

One memory that she has was made during her time she spent as a cheerleading coach. During one of the road trips, McGonigal was put in charge of driving them. On their way back, they stopped to get food and she accidentally turned into a one-way going the wrong direction. She quickly corrected herself and all of the girls were safe.

McGonigal also has many memories of helping students.  She took special interest in a senior who was considering dropping out.  She can recall using one of the papers that he had written to show a good example. It gave the student the will power to finish his senior year.

After leaving Cascade, McGonigal will continue her career as a middle school English teacher at Holy Spirit Catholic School in Great Falls.

When asked what lesson she has taught her students that is most important she replied, “I hope that I have imparted to students that if they can do anything, they can at least be kind.”

“I will miss all of my current colleagues and the students that I have connected with over the years. But, just as the seasons change, so to must life,” she said.  “I wish everyone in Cascade only the best.”

The Ketochi • Copyright 2020 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in