Cascade Junior Riley Bricker Elected as BPA State Officer

Back to Article
Back to Article

Junior Riley Bricker was selected by the teaching staff as the September Student of the Month.

Ketochi photo by Kayleen McKamey

Ketochi photo by Kayleen McKamey

Ketochi photo by Kayleen McKamey

Madison Cope, Staff Writer

Congratulations to Riley Bricker for becoming a BPA State Officer!

Riley Bricker was born on July 18, 2002, to Aaron and Heather Bricker. Aaron is a lineman for NorthWestern Energy, and Heather is a teacher here at Cascade. Riley has one sister, Harley, who’s in 6th grade.

After Riley graduates from high school she plans to go to college for anything related to business. Riley participates in golf, FFA, student council, and BPA. She has been in BPA for three years and joined because Ms. Cotton took her under her wing her freshman year.

To be a state officer students have to complete an application form and run a campaign at the State Leadership Conference. This year there were eight candidates and only six became state officers. Riley Bricker was one of the six that became a state officer and will serve as the Membership Director next year.

The Membership Director is in charge of coordinating and helping put on conferences. They also make sure that everything is running smoothly.

“I really like BPA and wanted to give back to the organization,” said Bricker.  “I thought it would be a good way to give back.”

We wish you luck as Membership Director next year!