FFA Earns Big Accolades at Glacier Districts

Back to Article
Back to Article

Official FFA logo

Official FFA logo

Official FFA logo

Caitlyn Hickam, Staff Writer

The Cascade FFA went to the Glacier District on February 12.  Nine schools in our district competed in events such as prepared speaking, livestock judging, conduct of meetings, and parliamentary procedure.

Our FFA has competed in the Glacier District for a long time. In fact, they attend every year.

Our livestock team consisting of sophomore Jessy Barger, freshman Gracie Orem, freshman Preston Hastings, junior Elise Crago, and sophomore Carynn Fredrickson earned first place in their competition. Sophomore Shaylyn Evans, freshman Cassidy Sewak, and freshman Emilie Crago placed third in Sales and Service, and the Badgers’ parliamentary procedure team of junior Riley Bricker, senior Jean Blackman, junior Taylor Brown, freshman Justin Smith, Elise Crago, and freshman Mattison McKamey earned first place in their event as well.

In conduct of meetings, Orem, Smith, freshman Ava McKamey, Emilie Crago, freshman Katie Skasick, freshman Lily Grismer, and Sewak added another first place award for Cascade. Individually, Bricker earned second place in prepared speaking, and Blackman Blackman took top honors in the event.

“I am so proud about everything my students did,” Mr. Tilleman said confidently, “I am excited to compete at state.”

The next competitions to look forward to from the FFA are Mechanics on March 13 and State FFA beginning on April 3.