Student Teacher Feature: Brent Beley

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student Teacher Feature: Brent Beley

Mr. Brent Beley is a student teacher this semester under Eric Tilleman.

Ketochi photo by Madison Cope

Ketochi photo by Madison Cope

Ketochi photo by Madison Cope

Madison Cope, Staff Writer

If you see a new face roaming the halls, shop, and ag room, it’s probably Brent Beley, a student teacher under Eric Tilleman this semester.

Beley was born on April 2, 1997 and grew up in Big Timber, Montana.  His favorite subject during that time was band.  While he was in high school, he participated in FFA, golf, football, band, and jazz band. He attended Sweetgrass County High School in Big Timber. He is currently a senior at Montana State University in Bozeman, Montana.

Growing up, Mr. Beley had some troubles with ag because no one would give him instructions on how to do it, so he taught himself almost everything he knows. Beley marks the fifth generation of his family that has owned and operated a ranch outside of Big Timber. This made him want to do agricultural education because it is something he grew up doing.

Mr. Beley became a teacher because he was voluntarily told to. He decided to come to Cascade because he knew it wouldn’t be boring and he could have some fun with the students.

“Ag is diverse. I hate doing the same thing over and over and I like to learn new things,” said Beley.  “When I learn something new, I teach it to the students.”

In his free time, Beley is usually doing “ranch things”.  His favorite quote is “Lead, follow, or get out of the way.”  His favorite sports team would be anyone except the New England Patriots, and his favorite food is pastries.