Cascade School Celebrates Music In Our Schools Month with Dinner, Concert

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cascade Schools' Music in Our Schools Month (MIOSM) was held on Monday, May 4.

Internet image

Internet image

Internet image

Nathan Gatch, Staff Writer

“I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music.” ― Billy Joel

On Monday, March 4, Cascade School hosted its annual Music In Our Schools Month dinner and concert.

The 10th annual dinner was held from 5:00 to 6:30 PM in the school cafeteria. The dinner was turkey with all of the trimmings. The concert was held at 7 PM in the north gym.

The concert was held in order starting with the fifth-grade band, followed by the sixth-grade band, junior high choir, high school men’s ensemble, junior high band, and, finally, the high school concert band.

The fifth-grade band performed Doodle All DayA Tisket A TasketSkip To My LouWillam Tell, and Mr. Skogley Had A Band.

The sixth-grade band performed Trombone RagMarch MilitaireOn Top Of Old SmokeySea Chanty, Theme from New World Symphony, and Hard Rock Blues.

The junior high choir sang Old Dan Tucker, The Cat Came Back, and The Lion Sleeps Tonight, while the junior high band performed Molly Malone, Celtic Air and Dance #3, and Dragonship.

In the high school men’s ensemble, there were only three participants Daniel Benefiet, Leroy Martin, and Oliver Wood. The three sang Cum Sancto Spiritu, The Ghost Ship, and Blue Skies.

The concert band performed Call To Victory, Black Forest Overture, and The Greatest Showman which included The Greatest Show, This Is Me, A Million Dreams, and From Now On.

Thanks to everyone who made this year’s dinner and concert another melodious success!