January Junior High Student of the Month: Harlie Jackson

Back to Article
Back to Article

Eighth-grader Harlie Jackson is the Junior High Student of the Month for January.

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait

Ketochi photo by Ashley Tait

Elizabeth Langenderfer, Staff Writer

Congratulations to eighth-grader Harlie Jackson, the Junior High Student of the Month for January!

Harlie was born in Great Falls, Montana on April 14, 2005, into the family of Shane and Nichole Jackson. Harlie’s dad Shane does construction work for a living while her mom Nichole works at a fly shop in Craig.

In school, Harlie participates in many sports like basketball, volleyball, and track. Her favorite subject in school would have to be her English class. Harlie said she likes this subject because “[she] enjoys reading and really likes writing.”

When Harlie graduates from high school, she wants to either go to the Culinary Institute of America in New York or the Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts. When Harlie was younger she wanted to be a newscaster.

Other than playing sports, Harlie can be found eating her favorite food cheeseburgers, while watching her favorite sports team the Montana Grizzlies. She could also be found watching Tom and Jerry, her favorite television show.

“I nominated Harlie for Student of the Month because she is an energetic self-starter who is always willing to do more than what is required,” said nominating teacher Ashley Tait.  “When she was in Ketochi, I could always depend on her to take photos at basketball games and complete her stories by the deadline.  In English, she is always quiet, respectful, and motivated.  Harlie is a credit to her family, school, and community.”

Congratulations, Harlie!