Cascade Science Fair on Tap Tomorrow

Great Falls College - MSU

Science project boards are displayed at last year's Montana Region II Science and Engineering Fair.

Jacob Marko, Staff Writer

Every year, students across the nation put on their science hats and participate in the science fair.

This Wednesday in Cascade, students in grades six through nine will finally place their projects in front of the judges.  All of their hard work will be ready to go.

At 9:00 AM, somewhere around 90 students (sixth through ninth grade) will pour into the south gym to put finishing touches onto there science fair board before the 15 judges make their way to each of the projects individually. The projects will be categorized in physical, biological, group physical, and group biological.

The event will begin at 9:00 AM and end at 2:30 PM with a lunch break at 12:23 PM. After, the students will report back to there classes until 3:15 PM where they will report once again to the south gym where the award ceremony will be held. Any student who received blue ribbons will move ahead to regional science fair on March 8th, in Great Falls. And anyone who receives a blue ribbon in regionals will move on to state in Missoula March 18.

With so many brainiacs gathered in one place, it’s safe to say that this year’s science fair will outstanding.